At Life Specialist Hospital , We provide Minimal Access Surgeries services at a reasonable cost.
What is Minimal Access Surgery?
Minimal access surgery is completed with one or more small incisions instead of a large incision. The surgeon passes a telescope with video camera through a small incision (usually only 1/4″ long) into a body cavity. The surgeon then views the surgery on a TV monitor. Surgical instruments are then passed through other similar little incisions. The surgeon examines and operates on the area in question by viewing magnified images on a television. When the telescope is used to operate on the abdomen, the procedure is called laparoscopy. When used in the chest, the procedure is called thoracoscopy, and when used in a joint, it is called arthroscopy.
There are a number of advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus an open procedure. These include:
- Reduced hemorrhaging, which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Smaller incision, which reduces pain and shortens recovery time, as well as resulting in less post-operative scarring.
- Less pain, leading to less pain medication needed.
- Although procedure times are usually slightly longer, hospital stay is less, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living.
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants thereby reduced risk of acquiring infections.
- There are more indications for laparoscopic surgery in gastrointestinal emergencies as the field develops.
For doctors sending in referrals call +234 803 404 4189
For an appointment booking call +234 806 776 7492
for more on Endoscopy Visit: http://lifendoscopy.com/life/faqs/